WHAT IS OSTEOPATHY?
Osteopathy is the natural practice of identifying, treating and preventing medical issues by moving, extending and massaging a person’s muscles and joints.
Osteopathy is based on the principle that the prosperity of an individual relies upon their bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments functioning smoothly together. Osteopathy also supports the philosophy that the body has an innate and natural ability to self-regulate and heal.
There are many health benefits associated with Osteopathy, see below for more information:
OSTEOPATHY FOR PAIN
Osteopathy can be used to treat pain you experience in a way that considers you as a person and your body as a whole.
Osteopathic treatment can be used to effectively reduce and cure pain in a number of different areas including back pain, neck pain, headaches, and ankle sprains. Osteopathy can potentially:
- Remove the underlying cause of pain
- Reduce pain and stiffness in muscles and joints
- Increase the range of motions in the joints
- Treat spinal problems from poor posture or spinal disc injuries
- Relieve chronic pain through non-invasive treatment
- Decrease the stress on the joints
- Reduce tension in the body
- Relieve tension headaches and migraine headaches
- Help the body to adapt to hormonal and structural changes during pregnancy
OSTEOPATHY TO PREVENT INJURY
Osteopathic treatment can also help prevent a reoccurrence of an injury or acute condition or the development of an injury due to lifestyle factors. Osteopathy can:
- Reduce scars and adhesions
- Treat trauma resulting from accidents (Sports injuries, Motor vehicle injuries)
- Encourage the body to heal itself
- Encourage proper body mechanics
- Improved Posture
- Stronger knees
- Prevent foot injuries
- Prevent shin splints
OSTEOPATHY FOR RELAXATION
By giving you time to be aware of yourself and your body, osteopathy can be very relaxing. It is also known to reduce stress levels by increasing the efficiency of your body’s systems like blood flow, nerve supply, and the immune system. Osteopathy can:
- Increase circulation
- Reduce blood pressure
- Improve Digestive and Immune System function
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you are interested in finding out more about our services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will be more than happy to answer any queries you may have.
BOOK A SESSION
If you are interested in booking this service, please click on the button below.